Monday, March 15, 2010

Toddler (and adult!) Snack using ripe bananas

Today I was getting my daughter ready for her snack. As I pondered the great question, 'What should I feed the monkey today?', I looked over at my ripe bananas and had a brilliant idea! Maybe I"m not the first one to come up with this-I'm sure I'm not, but since I've never seen a recipe for it and I came up with it in my mind, I've decided I get the rights to name this super yummy toddler (and adult!) snack! (don't mind the towel--I was making bread at the same time!)

Banana-Butter Crackers
 Photobucket


4 Graham Cracker rectangles, broken up in 4s
Like this:

Photobucket















1/2 banana, mashed
1 scoop of Almond Butter (or any kind of nut butter, peanut butter would be good too)

1. Mix the Almond Butter and mashed banana in a bowl.
Photobucket

2. Spread on 1/4 Graham Cracker.
3. Put another Graham Cracker over that, making a sandwich.
4. Enjoy!

This is a pretty healthy, VERY yummy snack. I tried it too and have to say, it was pretty darn good! You could sub the Almond Butter with any other kind of nut butter, I just used Almond Butter because we have a bunch of it. This is a great recipe just using stuff you have around your house!!

4 comments:

  1. I think I'll try that. I have a group with very discerning palates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks deelish!!
    I'm your newest follower, I found you through Friday follow! Only it's Sunday now! Do I still count?

    I hope you will come follow my blog out as well!

    Have a great weekend!
    Shannon
    http://milkandcuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also did in on homemade bread by the way and my daughter went nuttso over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and thanks Shannon, I'm following you now as well! :)

    ReplyDelete