Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rainbow Foods DOUBLE Double Daze!!

Today Rainbow Foods did DOUBLE double daze. Usually they only double 5 $1 coupons but today they doubled 10!! Plus, they have some amazing meat sales this week. My husband and I went today so I could use more then 10 coupons and we got over $160 worth of groceries for about $45. It's more then I would usually spend, but I did a bit of stockpiling, especially on meat which will bring my grocery bill down for this month, and into next month at least.

I meant to take a picture of everything to show you guys but my husband put away the groceries before I had a chance to do it so I'm going to break it down and tell you what I bought. A picture would have been a lot more fun so next time, I'm hoping to share a picture!

I should also add that I clip coupons every week on Sundays or Mondays. Usually on Mondays after my daughter has gone to bed and I'm watching my TV shows. I also get coupons off the internet which are **usually** from www.coupons.com but occasionally other places, such as from the manufacturers website!

This is in no particular order:
*Orange text indicates the coupons and Rainbow sales I used
*Purple bolded text indicates that I got this item for FREE and potentially even MADE money on this sale!

6 large boxes of poptarts
*If you bought 5, Rainbow gave you an automatic $5 off
*I had 2 $1/3 coupons which were doubled so that saved me another $4 off. 
2 packages of New England coffee FREE
*I bought 2 coupons off Ebay for free coffee so neither of these cost me any money! 
6 packages frozen vegetables
*These were on sale for 4/$5. 
*I had 2 coupons for $1/3 which were doubled so that was another $4 off. 
2 packages 3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
*These were on sale for $4.77 each making them $1.59 a lb!!! 
2 tubes of Crest toothpaste--FREE
*These were on sale for $0.99 each
*I had 2 $0.75 coupons which were doubled which made these not only FREE but then credited $1.02 towards my grocery bill. 
2 hams at $1.99 a lb
With each ham, we got a free
* (2) 3 lb boneless turkey FREE
* (2) dozen eggs FREE
* (2) package of breakfast sausages FREE
That was over $25 in free food. 
2 bottles of Old Orchard juice
*On sale for $1.69 each
*I had 2 $.50/1 coupons which were doubled making these $0.69 each. 
Coffee Mate Coffee Cream-FREE
*On sale for $0.99 
*I had a coupon for $0.75 which was doubled. I made $0.51 off this deal! 
2 YoPlus Yogurts-FREE
*On sale, Buy 1 Get 1 Free (BOGO)
*I had 2 coupons for $1.00 off, which made this FREE
Yoplait Delight-FREE
*On sale for $2
*I had a $1.00 coupon which was doubled, making this FREE
3 Energy Saver CFL Bulbs-FREE
*On sale for $0.99 each
*I had 2 coupons, $1/1 and $1/2 which were both doubled, making these FREE
Excedrin Migraine-FREE
*I got a coupon mailed to me from Excedrin for a free product

Total BEFORE coupons and sales=$154.99

Total AFTER coupons and sales=$50.81

Total Savings=$104.18

No comments:

Post a Comment