Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grocery Shopping and Weekly Menu

I wouldn't usually do 2 posts one right after the other, but my daughter is napping, as is my husband so I figured I'd might as well put my blog up about my grocery trip today while I have the receipts out. I DID get pictures of my Rainbow finds today as well!

Photobucket

9 Boxes of Quaker Instant Oatmeal-FREE
*On sale for $1.99 a box, had $1.00 coupons that were doubled which EARNED me $0.01 on each box
Organic Honey
10 lbs of flour
*On sale for $4.29
Oreos (I LURVE oreos)
*On sale for $2.49
4 8 oz blocks of cheese
*On Sale Buy1Get1 free
2- 1/2 gallons chocolate milk (we usually make our chocolate milk but for this price, I couldn't pass it up)
*On sale for 4/$5
2 jars of peanut butter
*On sale for $0.98 each
5.34 lbs of bananas
*On sale for $0.39 a pound
Bottle of Apple Juice (usually we buy frozen and make it, but again, awesome price)
$0.98
Jar of yeast (I don't think this was thrifty, I think I should have gone to Costco and gotten yeast)
*On sale for $6.24
Crushed Red Pepper
*On sale for $1.19

Total: $29.10

Saved: $47.03

So, this week, I had to get a lot of items I didn't have coupons for. However, I didn't buy bread because I'm going to make my own bread. Still, I think I did okay! :)

I spent about $21 at ALDI . I seem to have misplaced that receipt somehow, but it was a lot of basics at Aldi. We have SO much meat from stockpiling last week (I went overbudget but they were good prices and will save me a lot in the long run), plus my mom got us 5 lbs of hamburger. I'm thinking I won't need to buy meat for the rest of the month, which means I'll have enough money in my budget to go to Costco and stock up on the big 5 lbs bags of frozen veggies and spices that I love from there!

My Menu for this week is:

Breakfasts
Hot Cereal
Cold Cereal
Yogurt
Blueberry Pancakes

Lunches
Chicken Quesidillas (I'm going to make my own tortillas for this!)
PB&J and oranges
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and veggies
Leftovers x3
Ham sandwiches, chips and veggies

Dinners
Turkey, Mashed Potatoes and Corn
Chilli x2
Creamy Chicken with Rice and veggies
Santa Fe Rice and Beans
Chicken, Broccoli and Pasta in a homemade garlic cream sauce
Leftovers
**I'm editing in Spagetti because my first attempt at baking homemade bread failed and my bread turned out very very small and dense. My mom had the idea of making garlic bread and since it still tastes okay, we're going to have spagetti and garlic bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment